The fee for psychotherapy is $170 per session (sessions are 53-minutes including time needed for paying fees and scheduling). Payment is accepted via cash, check, Venmo, and credit card (American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Discover). Note: a 2.75% surcharge is charged for all credit/debit card transactions to offset processing fees.
I am considered an in-network provider for Johns Hopkins EHP and Johns Hopkins University CHP Health Insurance. Your copay will typically be between $10 - 30 per session. Be sure to check with your insurance to determine your exact copay/co-insurance amount and whether you have a deductible. If you have a deductible, you are responsible for paying your deductible to your therapist before your insurance will begin to cover mental healthcare expenses.
I am considered an out-of-network provider for other insurance companies. If you have "out-of-network" mental health or behavioral health benefits, you may be able to get all or part of the session fee reimbursed by your insurance company. The weekend following each session, I will send you a superbill that will have all of the information that you need to obtain reimbursement from your insurance company. It is your responsibility to submit this superbill to your insurance company for reimbursement. See below for questions that you will want to ask your insurance company to determine your benefits:
- Do I have "out-of-network" mental health or behavioral health benefits?
- What is the amount that I will be reimbursed per 1-hr psychotherapy session with a psychologist in Baltimore City?
- Is there a limit to the number of sessions that I will be reimbursed for per policy year? If so, what is the limit?
- How much is my deductible and is it waived for mental health services?
- What type of documentation do I need to submit in order to obtain reimbursement?